- LS: Please Tell Us About Yourself?
QA: I’m a clothing designer with 50 years experience within my craft and a very passionate man with a vision and plan of utilizing the gifts I was blessed with to better mankind through various humanitarian efforts to Uplift, Empower and Encourage Those less fortunate to continue to reach for the unreachable star. Instilling in them “No matter what obstacle that appears to be blocking their pathway to achieving their ultimate dreams, continue to believe, have faith and push forward”. There’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- What Inspires You?
The smile that appears on the people I assist through ‘We Dream In Color Foundation Inc. USA’. I can’t explain the feeling that comes over me when ‘Mothers, Fathers, Sisters or Brothers’ say. “Thank you for giving me my ‘Daughter or Son’ back.” As well as seeing someone who is hungry rub their stomach grinning and saying “I’m stuffed, I can’t eat another thing. It shakes my total being.
- Describe Your Life’s Purpose?
My life’s purpose is to inspire others to live stress free. Instilling in those I encounter to realize there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Utilizing my GOD giving gifts to ‘Uplift, Empower and Encourage’ them to always dream BIG and DREAM IN COLOR!
- What was your Biggest Obstacles?
To be quite frank, I never look as challenges not going in the direction I’d like for them to go. I was raise by very strong and supportive parent. They taught me to look every challenge as a lesson to be learned. If I studied the lesson focused and determined to find a positive solution, the right answer will come in time to solve the problem.
- Was There A Time You Wanted to Give Up?
No Sir!!!!! No challenge in this word effects me to the point I would think about giving up. I know that I’m on this earth to assist those often overlooked due to unforeseen life’s circumstances. Fortunately, there’s only one thing that effects me to respond, sometimes harsh. That’s one thing is the ‘DISRESPECT of MY TIME’. People fail to realize that ‘Time’ is the most important gift we have, and CAN’T GET IT BACK!!!!!!
- What Does Moral obligation mean to you?
It’s extremely important to me. I feel it’s very important to always try to do the right thing. Which sometimes brings a division in strong relationships and desired outcomes. However in the end, the right thing often prevails.
- You’ve taken ‘Belenie Christian Foundation School System’ In Monrovia, Liberian under your wing and returned to present a special ‘Black History Month’ program. Can you tell us how this mentorship came to be, and about your upcoming ‘BHM’ program?
It really was something not expected or planned. I was asked by its assistant principle who I met through Bill Rogers of the’ Bill Rogers Youth Foundation’. I was very impressed by his conversation that evening and decided to honor his request. As the principle proudly took me on tour of his school and discussed their future plans, I took noticed of several things that needed care. During the tour, I asked if I could take a few photographs of the school before I exited. As I returned to my living quarters, our conversation replayed in my head. Although there were things in need of care, the one thing that stood out was the future plans he spoke of so passionately. I could easily feel his desire to educate his student so they’ll have a chance to play in the game of ‘Successful Life’. I was most impressed that he didn’t asked for assistant, even though it was clear assistance was needed. I simply called him up and offered my assistance to move the school to its next level. Offering to supply the students with the needed tools to start ‘2021’ journey up the trail of higher learning. After returning to USA, I begin to call my professional resources and spoke of my dream to create a ‘USA Village’ to empower my extended Liberian young family members. The response was overwhelming. I realized I could return to Liberia until February which happen to be ‘Black History Month’. So we put our heads together and decided to bless the students with the school supplies for ‘Black History Month’ with a empowering and inspirational program. The rest is History!!!
- I know you founded the ‘We Dream In Color Foundation Inc. USA’ which gives back. Why do you feel it’s important to give back to the community, and in what way does your organization give back?
I’m a firm believer in paying your blessings forward. I’ve been blessed with some success by knocking down doors without any assistance. I know the trouble it is to get someone to stop and listen, so you may get a chance to get your foot in the door. So, I decided to help as many people as I can that are facing those same identical challenges. I provide mentoring and services to get their fading dreams glowing with the magnificence of color. I launch a monthly feeding initiative to feed those who are hungry going through challenging times, and proving the necessities to maintain or sustain a healthy and independent life.
- Please tell us about your plans for 2021?There’s so many plan in development for Project ‘We Live and Remember In Color’, We Dream In Color Foundation Inc., and ‘We Dream In Color’ Humanitarian Celebration. I’m planning on taking our monthly feeding of those less fortunate program to Liberia with the delivery of Food and Clothing. Plan are in also in the works to present ‘We Dream In Color’ Humanitarian Celebration ‘Africa’ and The ‘We Dream In Color’ Tour. A tour designed to Uplift, Empower and Enhance the lives of others through Fashion, Health and Educational Initiatives. My last desire is to create a project to discover or expose to the world the talented and gifted talented youth of Liberia. That’s a little of my ‘2021’ plans that I can share for now. I’m one who believes ‘Actions Speaks Louder Then Words’.
- If you could change anything about your life, What will it be?
I would change the lack of support that I received from people of my own race, Including family. It saddens me that we as a people have the tendency to not want one to support the one’s that climbing the ladder higher of any kind of success before ourselves. Fortunately, that lack of support didn’t hinder me. It actually motivated me to reach higher for the unreachable star. That determination and drive made me that man I am today. One who believes in being the voice and support for those who are voiceless and lacks support.
- Why should tourist come and visit the motherland, Liberia?
I can only speak from my experiences. I’ve found nothing to complain about. Tourists should visit Liberia for its loving and welcoming with opened arms people. The various choices of cuisine spicy or mild is amazing, and the culture compares to no other when it comes to its beauty and magnificent splendor. Not neglecting to mention it open field for creating new opportunities through investments.
- What legacy would you like to leave behind?
There was a man named Quinton de’ Alexander who didn’t let lack of support stop him from achieving whatever goal his eyes focused upon. A man who didn’t understand the words ‘I Can’t or It Won’t Happen’ and Understood the importance of understanding every avenue of the business he wanted to pursue. Which in return gave him the strength to open door that otherwise would’ve been closed. Retaining the knowledge of his trials and tribulations to pass on to the next generation of believers to Uplift, Empower and Encourage them to Dream BIG and DREAM IN COLOR!
- Final Thought: Is there anything we haven’t asked that you would like the world to know about you?
Yes. I’m a true and firm believer that any problem or negative situation can be solve by communicating effectively. If we take the time to ‘STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN’ to all parties involved with open ears and eyes, a positive solution can positively manifest into reality.