Traveling to Liberia requires A valid passport as it will be requires by the the airlines before boarding and flight. And this means you must have a valid passport of the country you are resident or citizen of in order to get a visa. Visa requirements are subject to change and should be checked prior to traveling time, visas are required by most nationalities and must be acquired in advance by visiting any of the Liberian Embassies.
FOR THE U.S. LOCATION:
THE LIBERIA EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON D. C.5201 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011 Tel: 202-723-0437, Fax: 202-723-0436
Opened: Monday to Thursday, 10 AM to 3:00 PM Closed: Liberian Holidays and Federal Holidays
Please make sure that your application is complete. Incomplete or deficient applications will not be processed. Fees paid are non-refundable for all applications submitted, whether or not they are processed Visas issued are of the following type: Diplomatic, Official, or Regular.
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WITH REQUIREMENTS WITH A RETURN REGISTERED MAIL USING USPS, FED-EX, or UPS ENVELOPE WITH TRACKING #. AND SENT IT TO THE LIBERIAN EMBASSY,5201 16th Street NW, Washington DC 20011.
OPTION#2: Bring Your VISA Documents into the Office at the embassy’s address above for Processing on the Same day service must be done by walk-in only and cannot be completed by mail.
Below is the application Requirements for Visa
a. Applicant’s Passport must accompany the application and the passport must have at least 6 months left before expiration
b. Two (1) passport size photographs. (FULL Face view on White background)
c. Flight itinerary
d.Self-addressed prepaid USPS/FEDEX/UPS envelope with the tracking number for return of passport (see mail restrictions)Mail or drop-off passport and all other documents listed above. Failure to include all items could lead to delays in the processing of your visa. Notes: 1. There is a waiting period of ten(10) working days for Visa processing.
2. Applicants are advised to apply within two weeks of their travel date.
3. Airlines by regulation, will not allow you to board without a valid visa.
4. If you are a Liberian, living in the United States and have become a US citizen, you are required to obtain a valid visa to travel to Liberia
5. In accordance with International Health Regulations, all persons entering Liberia are also required to have a Valid Certificate of Immunization (YELLOW BOOK)
6. ECOWAS Country Passports: No Visa Required
7. There is an additional fee of $75.00 for Same Day and $50.00 for Next Day service
Download Forms Here or additional information
Birth Affidavit Application – 300 Kb
FOR INFORMATION VISIT THE EMBASSY AND CONSULATES SERVICES WEBSITES BELOW: